Staying healthy while working a hectic schedule is not easy. It is never too late to start being active and get fit. Exercise can add years to your life and add life to your years!
The American Heart Association (AMA) recommends 30 minutes of walking each day. The longer you are active, the more likely you are to stay active for a lifetime! Exercise can help you:
- Reduce your risk of dying prematurely
- Reduce your risk of heart attack, stroke, and some types of cancer
- Prevent or control high blood pressure and diabetes
- Raise your HDL (good) cholesterol and lower blood triglyceride levels
- Relax and manage stress
- Improve your sense of well-being
- Strengthen bones and prevent osteoporosis
- Reduce your cravings for cigarettes if you are trying to stop smoking
- Lose weight and keep it off for good
- Increase your energy and vigor
- Sleep better at night
- Look more fit and trim
There are many things you can do to stay healthy.Visit the AMA Website to discover how you can stay healthy and productive.
"I have had the opportunity of experiencing the VIP Health Plan program first hand and I can honestly say that it is a worthwhile initiative. The doctors are upstanding with a high level of integrity, and this is evident in the quality of care and follow up on their patients and clients. They truly abide by their oath of office as doctors."